Steps to Create Bootable USB
The process of creating a windows 7 USB flash drive is fairly easy, however you will have to download a copy of ISO file.Once you have downloaded an ISO file, you can then follow the instructions provided below to create a Bootable windows 7 USB flash drive.
To create a USB Drive as Bootable manually,you need to open a Command Prompt(cmd).For creating a bootable USB drive as a Windows installation media, you should have at least 4 GB for minimum capacity. Here are step by steps to create a bootable USB Drive.
1) As the first step, you need to insert your USB flash drive to the any slot of your computer and you need to run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator. So type ‘cmd‘ in the search box on Windows Start Menu. After a successful search result for ‘cmd’ appears, right click on it and select “Run as administrator“.
2) Type ‘DISKPART ‘ on Command Prompt and Press Enter. Wait for the DISKPART program run.then you will get a window like this.
3) Type ‘LIST DISK‘ to view active disks on your computer and hit Enter. There you can see the active disks connected to your computer, usually Disk 0 for hard drive and Disk 1 for your USB flash drive. Also you can see the capacity of drives.
Here in this image Disk 2 is for my USB Flash drive with capacity of 7633 MB.
4) Type ‘SELECT DISK 2‘ to determine that Disk 2 would be processed in the next step then hit Enter.
Then you will get a message as, Disk 2 is now selected disk.
5) Type ‘CLEAN‘ and hit Enter to remove all of data in the drive. It will clean the selected disk.
6) Type ‘CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY‘ and hit Enter. Creating a primary partition and further recognized by Windows as ‘partition 1’.
7) Type ‘SELECT PARTITION 1‘ an hit Enter. Choosing the ‘partition 1’ for setting up it as an active partition.Partition 1 is now the selected partition.
8) Type ‘ACTIVE‘ and hit Enter. It will Activate the current partition.
9) Format the USB Flash Drive Type ‘FORMAT FS = NTFS QUICK‘ and hit Enter. Formatting current partition as NTFS (NTFS – New Technology File System. An improved version of the FAT but is nowadays used on Windows NT and the latter versions of Windows(XP,2008,Vista,7 etc.)) file system quickly.
10) Type ‘EXIT‘ and hit Enter to Leave DISKPART program, but don’t close the Command Prompt instead. We would still need it for next process.
Note: Commands are not Case Sensitive.
Final step. Choose one of the Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 OS and copy the installation files on your root of the USB flash drive.
Now you can enjoy the installation of your manual bootable USB Flash Drive!